PoW/Pos/PoI is the name of the blockchain consensus algorithm.
PoS: A proof-of-stake system (Pos). It is where mining is done by those who hold coins. The result is a bit like getting paid interest for holding coins.
PoW: A proof-of-work system (PoW). It is where mining is done by those who have the hash power, time, and energy. The result is that time and energy is traded for rewards.
PoI: A roof-of-Importance(PoI). Each account is assigned an importance score that proxies its aggregate importance to the economy. Accounts with higher importance scores have higher probabilities of harvesting a block. Alternative PoW.
Learn more about this term:
- Proof-of-stake – Wikipedia
- What is Proof of Stake? – Hacker Noon
- Top Proof of Stake (PoS) Cryptocurrencies: Hold, Validate …
- Proof-of-Work Vs. Proof-of-Stake Explained – ETHNews.com
- A roof-of-Importance – Technical Reference NEM